Search

help

In shock that Ovusoft site is closing! Why?

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
Not Ranked
Posts 531
gabelle1995 Posted: Tue, Mar 14 2017 2:11 PM

I hope the mods will jump in and provide more information. When I opened the site today I saw the message at the top of the front page, that this site will be gone as of April 1st. Why? 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 747
SoccerGirl replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 2:52 PM

I'm in shock as well!  I'm guessing not enough traffic means not enough income from ads to maintain the site?  I can't imagine all the wealth of information and support from this site just disappearing. Sad

Me(Marie): 28 & DH: 27 married 7 years Heart  

Started charting 2010 after stopping HBC.  

Currently dealing with Hashimoto's, possible 'weak' ovulation, AI issues, but overall unexplained infertility/RPL

My charts: http://www.ovusoft.com/members/SoccerGirl/charts/default.aspx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/36be0d

DS Baby Boy born Sept 2013 (BFP after 18 months TTC on 3rd month Clomid 50mg CD5-9)

TTC#2 Sept 2014 Broken Heart5w Dec 2014 Broken Heart11w July 2015 Broken HeartBaby Boy 10w March 2016

Not Ranked
Posts 392
Peony replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 2:58 PM

I am devastated! Sad This site and the forums has been a part of my life since ages! I have collected the most of my knowledge about fertility from here, from you ladies and our most precious mods!

Will there be any other forum of this type where we can turn to for support?

FF forums is only for paying members, the new TCOYF is a crap.

I am utterly sad, and will miss the site like hell!

Me (33) Kiss DH (34) Baby Girl 29-08-2014

NTNP April - July 2016

TTC#2 from July 2016

Low AMH, high FSH, low AFC, lowish sperm count for DH 

IVF #1 Jan/2017: chemical PG Angel

My Bio

My charts

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,029
justtryingthisout replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 3:42 PM

I'm so surprised! I almost didn't see the announcement, but I saw this post and then saw the announcement! I don't know where I will turn to for advice, and I don't even know where I will continue to chart. I've never charted anywhere except this site (and a little on paper).

DH: 34 Kiss Me: 30

History of endometriosis

TTC #1 since Aug. 2016

My Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 468
MellieC replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 3:55 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!  

I am with JTTO, I have been charting here for YEARS - I can't even think of where I would go instead.

Sad

Me (Mel): 33  DH: 36

Charting since 1/14, TTC #1 since 11/15!!  

6/16 - working with RE due to spotting throughout the LP

2/17 - stage I endometriosis dx and removed; also removed uterine polyp

My Charts   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 800
soon2be_mrsd replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 4:08 PM

very sad!

I like the charting here and find it quite accurate.  I think FF charting is easier -- but without paying for the membership you can't access the forums (which are active but pretty lame btw) and I miss some of the premium chart features- I had a paid membership for 2 years there and was happy with it-- but I decided not to renew (because ever $ counts!) and I have found I don't care about recording data there anymore because I miss the premium chart features- my chart looks dumb without them (custom data for example) since I'm not charting temps at the moment.  

So I'd encourage people to try out FF charting for the functionality- it's good enough for basics-- you CAN record custom stuff but it won't print on your chart unless you pay for premium.

I have been happy with reddit forums and I know there is a way to have invite only/more private forums there (if that was preferred)- I can look into trying to get a forum set up there - it's all free. I know some folks expressed concern over facebook groups in the past because it's harder to be anonymous.  This would be a way to keep that anonymity.   I am also open to going to a private FB group though if people were interested in having one.   

Me: 35   DH: 33

TTC #1 since February 2015

Diagnosis: ovulation disorder, pelvic adhesions, tubal dysfunction:  4 medicated cycles with femara + FSH injections (2 timed intercourse and 2 IUI) - all BFN.  We are done with treatments now (Nov 2016).  Trying naturally for a bit while exploring other paths to parenthood.

Natural BFP 12/17/16!   Ectopic Loss 5w5d  on 12/26/16

Feb 2017: Starting IVF Cycle:  Antagonist Protocol with 375IU Gonal F and 75IU Menopur, Added Ganirelix day 6.  Stimmed for 9 days total.   24 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertlized, 10 made it to blast and were frozen!  Transfer in April\

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,710
scarlet_willow replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 5:17 PM

I didn't get the message! I wish it wasn't true!

Him 32 and me 32  Heart 2007  

Baby Boy 2008 Baby Boy 2009 Baby Boy 2011 Broken Heart 2012 Baby Girl 2013 Baby Boy 2016

currently nursing my baby boy and delving back in FAM for TTA

the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,539
tmonee replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 6:43 PM

I'm sorry friends, but it is true and we're as shocked about it as you are. I've actually known now for about a week and have been waiting for the announcement to be posted before we could talk about it. The only reason I found out when I did is because I reached out to Melissa about something support-related and she told me. I pushed for an announcement to be made so everyone could have a chance to save all their charts and make alternate plans.

I'd like to stay in touch with all of you and continue to offer support etc, but I'm not sure where to go to do that.

Not Ranked
Posts 37
padfootchick87 replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:09 PM

I would be interested in a private Facebook group. I have learned so much here. It would be a shame to lose everything including contact with other members. 

I am not very techno savvy. How would one go about saving information and charts? Just screenshots? 

Me: 30 Kiss DH: 36

Married since 09/21/2012

Off HBC (implanon) since February 2013

TTA - ish Smile

http://www.ovusoft.com/members/padfootchick87/charts/default.aspx

1st BFP ever on Christmas day, 2015 Baby

Baby Boy 8-23-2016 Heart 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,539
tmonee replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:52 PM

To save your charts is going to be a process as you have to do them one by one, but:

1. Click on My Fertility
2. Click on My Charts
3. Hover your mouse over the chart image and right click, select Save image as
4. Select a location on your computer and click save. It will name the image with the corresponding cycle number
5. Change the cycle in the Select Cycle drop list and repeat steps 3-5 until you're done

If you need some screenshots to walk you through, let me know.

Not Ranked
Posts 2,454
NorthStar replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:09 AM

I am so sad about this! I don't think other charting options are as accurate and there is so much information here.

I guess I will move my charting to My Fertility Charts as they seem to be most accurate and customizable. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 821
lava2 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:11 AM

Yikes, I am so sad to hear this. I am so grateful for the years I've spent here, and it is heartbreaking to know that the resources and support won't be here for women looking for it in the future. 

Thank you everyone! 

Sad

Me (39) Flowers Tongue Tied DH (41) = Heart

Baby Girl  #1 - January 2009

Baby Girl #2 - May 2102

December 26, 2010 @ 7 weeks Angel

My chart

Not Ranked
Posts 362
murillo replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:19 AM

This is tragic. If it is not too late, can a fee-paying model be considered? I would be more than happy to pay for a membership.

Thank you to all moderators and members who have helped me discover so much over the past four years.

As a single person, you also widened my eyes to some struggles I had only the slightest inkling of and I am now more compassionate about fertility issues.

Discovering this website has been def one of the top five life-changing events for me.

Just a single Eye learning fertility awareness Yes Hug

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/murillo/charts/default.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 248
stellablue91 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 9:21 AM

This is very sad news.  My TTC days are behind me, but I still liked to pop in here and read comments and touch base with old "friends".  Thank you all for the support you provided for years and years.  I don't know another forum that worked better than this one, even with the recent challenges. I have used Kindara as my back up charting app.  It's very easy to use and could be an alternate option to FF.  What a bummer.  

Me:42 DH:44.

Baby Boy  8/26/12   Baby Girl 10/24/15

Broken Heart 6/9/14 @ 5w6d, Broken Heart 9/19/14 @ 8w6d, Broken Heart 10/10/16 @ 8w1d

Not Ranked
Posts 396
drdonna replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 11:26 AM

I would like to add my thanks to the ovusoft members and the mods. Ovusoft is the first site I visit when I get to my desk in the morning, even if I don't post. I will miss the daily contact with you wonderful ladies.  And those chart galleries are a Godsend during the TWW!

Tmonee, thank you for the instructions for saving our charts. Is there nowhere the forums will be archived? Will all of that just cease to exist? There is sooo much information here! I feel I need to save screen shots of dj's wonderfully detailed descriptions of what happens during ovulation and implantation at the very least. 

What a sad thing to happen. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,539
tmonee replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:37 PM

It's my understanding everything will be lost.. If you want to save anything at all, do it NOW.

Sad

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,752
cowgirl.in.the.sand replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:51 PM

So utterly sad...is there a way to save all the info/files from buddy groups? I'd like to save the info somehow from our June 2015 buddy group and share it with the girls on our FB group.  Most of us have stayed connected through there due to posting difficulties etc on here.  Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 11,539
tmonee replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:56 PM

Copy and paste or screenshots are your options for forum threads and buddy group posts.

Edit - looking at that group, that would be a daunting task. I don't know of any other way, sorry.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,752
cowgirl.in.the.sand replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:02 PM

I know, we fortunate to have a very active and close group.  Many friendships formed and we have had the opportunity to meet in person (some of us) and stayed connected, we have this site to thank for that...

Not Ranked
Posts 531
gabelle1995 replied on Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:13 PM

How are the forums on reddit and other places? Are people snarky? That's one of the things I like here - no snark, just straightforward, intelligent talk. 

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS