help

Oct/Nov 2012 Babies!!!

This post has 198 Replies | 7 Followers

Page 1 of 10 (199 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Not Ranked
Posts 525
CourtneyD Posted: Tue, Feb 21 2012 12:26 PM

Hello Ladies,

I had seen a couple of people expecting around the same time as me 10/31, and thought it'd be nice to start a group for us!

Hoping to hear from others soon.

Courtney (29) Heart Clay (32) m Oct 2006

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 ~ Sept 2012; 4 iuis = BFN, Angel @ 8w, BFN, & Chemical

Oct/Nov 2012 IUI #5 + injectables = HPT BFP @ 10dpiui EDD 7/25/13 ~ found out 2/23 we're having a Baby Boy

He's finally here!!! Baby Boy Ethan Bryce born 7/24/13 @ 2:26AM 8lbs 6oz 19.5in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers]

Not Ranked
Posts 26
emilka replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:49 PM

Hi Courtney!

I would like to join your buddy group.

After a rough year (ectopic and 2 chemicals) and TTC since November 2010 it looks like we got lucky!

My EDD is October 26th. I have a 4 year old son who is so ready for a sibling!

I was actually starting the process with RE, but found out 5 days after seeing him for the first time that I am pregnant! He is monitoring me closely, I am seeing him weekly so far. 

My next appointment is in 2 days, hoping for good betas then.

Not Ranked
Posts 76
FamFive2 replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:19 PM

Hi Courtney and Emilka!

So glad you started this group!  I didn't realize there were groups in the forums, too. Smile

I am cautiously expecting #3 on 10/15.  I had a chemical the cycle before and it has made me much more tentative this time around.  We were on the fence for awhile about adding to our family.  I am excited, but also nervous about our ability to handle the chaos.  I have two girls and have no gender preference.  A little boy would be a fun, new experience, but there is something special about sisters, too.

Courtney, any appointments yet?  Emilka, hope your next appointment is a good one.  I am an expat living in the UK so this will be an interesting experience dealing with the NHS.  I submitted my paperwork to a nearby hospital a few weeks ago.  I called today and they said they are behind.  I probably won't get my first appointment until 10 weeks, then a scan at 12.  I think they like to do the fist at 8 weeks, but it doesn't seem like they'll get me in.  I think I am OK with that because I think they'll have a better chance at hearing the heartbeat at 10 weeks.  These next 4 weeks are going to pass by so slowly!

Me (33) & DH (38)

Baby Girl Dec '06    Baby Girl April '10    Angel Chemical Jan '12  Baby 10/16/12

Not Ranked
Posts 274
natpink replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:33 PM

YAY! Courtney, this is awesome! I am so excited we are both here!

Hi FamFive2 and Emilka! You both must be excited about adding to your families! 

More info in my siggie, but DH and I have been TTC#1 for 22 months. This was our first IUI and resulted in my first ever BFP!! EDD is October 28th. 

I got the results back from my first beta today, 1398 (I am 17dpiui)!! Seems super high to me, DH is convinced it's triplets haha. Not to sure when my first ultrasound will be, but the nurse said in the next couple of weeks! 

So excited to be here!!

me: 28 dh: 30  Baby Girl

Seeing a RE since June 2011 | unexplained IF

BABY#1 | TTC April 2010

IUI's postponed twice, very curved cervix and require an ultrasound and full bladder at time of IUI

IUI#1 Feb 4/12  (Puregon & Ovidrel, Progesterone - 282mil @ 95%!!)  - BFP!!! Beta#1 = 1398 | 02/20 | 17dpiui 

First ultrasound 03.12.12 | Heartbeat 143 -  baby measuring right on track!

Ellia Domenica welcomed with love on October 20, 2012

BABY#2 | TTC May 2013

IUI #1 Feb 12/14  (Gonal-F & Ovidrel, Progesterone - 4 mature follicles - 179mil @ 95%)  - BFN

IUI #2 May 4/14  (Gonal-F & Ovidrel, Progesterone - 2 mature follicles - 117mil @ 90%)

Not Ranked
Posts 525
CourtneyD replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 4:26 PM

Emilka ~ So sorry about your experiences last year. I can only imagine how tough a loss would be, much less having 3.... But, how exciting that you were able to skip the whole RE thing. Believe me it's no fun to have to go that route. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good Beta numbers on Thursday, and I'm glad that your RE is keeping such a close eye on you. Are you taking any additional meds such as progesterone or anything?Good luck!

FamFive ~ Congrats on #3! My sister is having the same discussion with her DH on whether to try for another after having 2 girls. I hope that your office is able to hurry up and get caught up on their paperwork soon, but you're right, you'll have a much better chance of hearing the HB at 10 weeks. I don't have any appointments scheduled yet, except for another blood test next Monday to check how everything is going. Not sure when I'll switch from my RE to an OB. I guess that's something my RE's office will let me know.

Natpink ~ I'm so excited for both of us!! I know exactly how you feel about it being the first BFP EVER after TTC for so long. This was month 25 for us, so I'm right there with you. It was such a shock to the system for the test to actually say "Pregnant" I almost couldn't believe it!  That is high number for a Beta. You said that you had 5 mature follicles at your scan before IUI right? It just might be multiples then. It sounds like you and DH are prepared and happy about that possibility though so that's wonderful news! When is your next Beta test? Can't wait to see what those numbers are!

Since we did a non-medicated IUI this time around, we are only expecting a singleton unless there's a surprise waiting for us! :) The mid-cycle scan before IUI showed one pretty follicle. My Beta @ 12dpiui was 72 with a progesterone level of 26.8. I meant to ask the nurse whether it's okay that my progesterone went down slightly from last weeks of 28. She didn't say anything about it, and both numbers look good from all the research I've done, so I'm going to try and not stress about these little things, and instead bask in the glory of my BFP! Smile

So glad that we're all going to be in this together, and can't wait for more people to join! I've pretty much got the TTC part down, but the actually being pregnant is a whole new deal, so I'll probably have plenty of questions for those that have BTDT.

XOXO

Oct/Nov 2012 IUI #5 + injectables = HPT BFP @ 10dpiui EDD 7/25/13 ~ found out 2/23 we're having a Baby Boy

Not Ranked
Posts 137
mollynell replied on Tue, Feb 21 2012 5:35 PM

Finally - the group I've been waiting for!!!   

SO excited to be here and share this journey with you ladies.  My signature has the facts in it but we were TTC #1 since Dec'10, began simple infertility tests in Dec'11 and we both checked out fine.  I was hoping the HSG would be our golden ticket to a BFP and sure enough we got pregnant that cycle.  All in all it was about 13-14 months and about 10-11 cycles (I stopped BCP in Nov'10 and had a few weird cycles after that).  Never going back to BCP again!  After waiting my whole life for this, one thing I wasn't prepared for after my BFP was the fear that something would go wrong.  But so far so good and I'm loving it.  Apparently my doctor likes to see pregnant women a lot which is fine by me b/c I love the reassurance.  I've gone in for 3 blood draws and 1 ultrasound so far - at 6 wks 1 day and got to see the heartbeat!!!  My next doctor's appointment is in one week, next Tuesday, and this time DH will come with me (had to work the first time) so he'll get to see our little one too.  I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks 2 days (9dpo) and felt great until ~6 weeks and then started just feeling icky, super tired, and on-and-off nausea with no throwing up yet.  Due date is Oct 3rd.  Ok enough about me Smile

Courtney - thanks for starting the group!  looks like our journey has been about the same length of time (with yours a little more involved) so i'm glad to have someone to share that with.  it was so hard for me, as i'm sure it was for you.  glad we're both here!

natpink - glad to see you here!  i think i remember you from some of the TWW boards?  so glad you made it to a BFP!!

famfive - looks like you are the seasoned veteran around here, i'm sure we'll all have plenty of questions for you as the months go on!  i'm already feeling a little overwhelmed at everything i don't know, but just taking it one day at a time and learning as i go.  i figure i'll just cross most bridges when i get to them.  

emilka - with another little one, we'll have questions for you too :)  congrats on the BFP after your ectopic and chemicals.  i recently had a good friend have an ectopic pregnancy and i know how hard that is.

looking forward to getting to know you all! Flowers

Not Ranked
Posts 76
FamFive2 replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:47 AM

Welcome, natpink and mollynell! 

So happy that all of these long TTC journeys have landed you here with BFPs!

Natpink , how do you feel about the idea of multiples?  Excited? Scared? I imagine both.

mollynell, so jealous of all of your appointments and seeing the heartbeat.  That is huge!  Hope the 1st trimester ickies pass quickly for you.

Is anyone else experiencing any symptoms?  I am just tired, but it's hard to tell if it is the pregnancy or sleep deprivation form the other two keeping me up.  I sometimes have very slight nausea, but it passes quickly - luckily.  I didn't have ms with the other two and I hope this pregnancy is consistent.  The only other symptom is massive weight gain!  I just got to my pre-pregnancy weight in Nov but between Christmas and a couple of vacations, I've put 7 back on and 4 of them have been in the last two weeks.  That is way too early and I know it's not the pregnancy.  I am just addicted to sugar and it seems worse right now for some reason. Also, my workouts weren't as consistent because DD missed a week and a half of school due to illness and then another week due to break.  I am getting back on the ball with running, but it zaps me of energy for the rest of the day.  OK, sorry for the ramble.  Hope you all have a great day!

Me (33) & DH (38)

Baby Girl Dec '06    Baby Girl April '10    Angel Chemical Jan '12  Baby 10/16/12

Not Ranked
Posts 525
CourtneyD replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:05 PM

The only things that I'm experiencing are:

I can smell EVERYTHING!! It's so weird, that I can even smell exactly what spices someone used in their left overs they are warming up in the office cafeteria. It's not always pleasant smells either. I haven't had any nausea, but it's still early days so I'm not getting to excited about that.. Also, I want to drink water constantly, and I hate to admit it, but I'm not a water person. So, I don't know if it's the new amounts of water consumption or what, but now I'm constantly going to the bathroom too.  But, sometimes I tell myself that some of this might be all in my head too, who knows? I'm just ready for the first ultra sound, so I can actually see what's going on, and that seems like soooo far away!

Mollynell ~ You're lucky that your Dr likes to see pregnant women a lot. That's really going to come in handy with this being your first pregnancy. I'm jealous :).. I know what you mean about the fear. I'm so excited, but underneath that excitement is fear of something going wrong. I'm not even to the point of when AF would have officially been due yet. So I think once I get to that point and nothing happens that will be the first milestone for me. Yay for seeing a heart beat. That'll be my next milestone. :) How did your beta numbers look?

Natpink, Emilka ~ how are you ladies feeling??

I know it's super early, but I just can't help but feel so excited for all of us! I look forward to learning so much from you ladies!

Not Ranked
Posts 771
PretzelBaker replied on Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:24 PM

Hi everyone! I'm due October 31st with baby #3 and sooo excited. My only real symptom so far is peeing ALL the time and some nausea. I'll be back for personals!

Not Ranked
Posts 172
lmulstay replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 12:00 PM

Hi Girls!

I was waiting to post here until we had our first ultrasound. :) I am measuring 6w+3d, due October 15th, and we heard a beautiful 121 bmp heartbeat!  After a miscarriage over Christmas, this has been a scary few weeks for me. But, after yesterday, I'm allowing myself to get a little excited. :)

--Lora

Me (32) and DH (35)

Collin Joseph - 12-17-2008

Angel ~ Miscarriage 12/24/2011 @ 5w + 4d

Evan Patrick - 10/20/2012

Baby #3 Due 4/7/2015
Not Ranked
Posts 525
CourtneyD replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 2:46 PM

Hello Lora & PretzelBaker and welcome to our group! Congrats to both of you!

Lora ~ So sorry about your loss over Christmas, but very excited about your strong heart beat. That was a wonderful feeling I'm sure. It seems like forever away before I'll finally get to that point.

Can't wait to get to know both of you over the course of our pregnancies! Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 26
emilka replied on Thu, Feb 23 2012 6:53 PM

Hi ladies!

Wow, so many new people! That's nice to see!

I've been very busy the last few days, plus I am overwhelmed with exhaustion in the afternoon and unfortunately my 4 year old does not want to take naps anymore! Thinking back to when I was pregnant with him, it was soo nice to lay down and take a nap anytime I felt like it ( which was most of the time in the 1st trimester)

I had my appointment today!!!!  I am proud to announce: We have a bubble! LOL! AKA a nice gestational sack! My betas went from 67 to 2146 in one week ( 20 DPO today) I am finally getting excited! I also told my husband today since he had no idea! I send him a picture of "the bubble", LOL!

So now my next appointment is next friday, hoping to see more then!

Hope everyone's day is as great as mine has been!

Not Ranked
Posts 172
lmulstay replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:09 PM

Oh emilka! I miss my naps, too! We have a 3 year old and he still takes naps, but I only get to partake on the weekends and only on his schedule. I'm a full-time teacher, so it's not like I could nap during the day anyway (maybe during lunch!). It sure was nice, though, to be able to lie down and close my eyes whenever the exhaustion hit!

Me (32) and DH (35)

Collin Joseph - 12-17-2008

Angel ~ Miscarriage 12/24/2011 @ 5w + 4d

Evan Patrick - 10/20/2012

Baby #3 Due 4/7/2015
Not Ranked
Posts 76
FamFive2 replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:44 AM

Courtney, that super smell power you have seems like it might not be so much fun…unless you have lots of flowers in bloom where you live.  How was your blood test?

Welcome, PretzelBaker!  Hope that nausea stays away.

Welcome, lmulstay!  Looks like we have the same due date!  Though, I guess the midwives might change mine.  Hearing the heartbeat is huge!  Hope you can relax and enjoy this pregnancy.  Advice I need to follow as well.

emilka, congrats on the positive appointment!  How did you keep it from your husband for so long?!?!?

AFM, feeling a little more rested toward the end of this week.  I actually had two nights in a row when neither child woke in the night…a minor miracle.  Today DH took our oldest on a lunch and movie date.  I got in a run and am  now going to try and spruce up the house.  We're going out with a couple of other couples tonight and I am really looking forward to it.  I already told the other women because I felt like I needed to tell someone on this side of the pond and considering we spend so much time together, they would've known soon enough anyway.  I cannot wait to get through the next five weeks!

Me (33) & DH (38)

Not Ranked
Posts 137
mollynell replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:37 AM

famfive2 - i have a nice little addiction to sugar too!  well i'm usually a pretty healthy person and try to eat tons of fruits & veggies but ever since week 6, fruits & veggies sound disgusting to me and all i want is french fries, other crap, and candy / ice cream / cookies.  i feel terrible feeding my baby these things!  i just keep hoping it'll pass and i'll want veggies again :)  so far no weight gain though.  what kind of workouts do you do and continue doing while pregnant?  you also mentioned running.. i'm a runner too, wondering if you monitor your heartrate and take it easy on runs or just go for it and listen to your body?

courtney - the doctor said my betas looked good.. although my doctor loves bringing me in all the time, what i usually get out of her are, "your tests were good," etc w/o getting specific numbers.  i did ask a/b the first two betas and i think they were something like 98 then 390 or something.. then got a third draw and didn't ask for that number (those were obviously very early.. still before 4 weeks).  i'm not much of a water drinker either so have been forcing myself to drink it.. and it makes me have to pee all of the time too!  though i'm convinced that's not so much from the pregnancy but from forcing in so much water!

pretzelbaker - congrats and welcome!  looking forward to learning from you since it's your 3rd :)  

lora - congrats and welcome too!  that's awesome about the heartbeat!  so exciting!!

emilka - that's a lot of restraint to keep from your husband ;)  what did he say when he saw the bubble??  :)  

AFM, I've come down with a cold.. my throat hurt so bad on Friday that I left work early to rest and am so glad I did because I felt SO much better yesterday (also been taking a little bit of plain robitusson & tylenol, which my doctor's notes say i can take).  However, then last night I went out with a friend of mine who was in town that I hadn't seen in 2+ years and had to talk loud in loud restaurant and I feel awful again today so I'm cancelling some activities today and taking it easy.  One thing I'm learning from being pregnant is to learn to say "no" to things and let my body get the rest it needs without exhausting myself.  Continuing my question above to famfive, do you ladies work out / what workouts are you still doing?  I've been keeping up on the elliptical and running still (both only when I'm not exhausted after work!) but keeping an eye on my heartrate.  Also going for walks, and plan to swim some but haven't yet.  Still no weight gain, which I'm excited about, especially since we haven't told everyone yet.  When are you all telling people?  We have told a lot of friends and have told most of my immediate family but we can't tell DH's family yet because his parents go and tell everyone after that and can't keep it to themselves, so we're forced to wait to tell them.  (Easier to hide with first pregnancy of course.)  Also haven't told anyone at work yet.  Hope you ladies are feeling great!!

Not Ranked
Posts 456
HJchart replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:17 AM

Hello ladies! I am due Oct. 2nd with baby #1; so far have been mostly exhausted, peeing a lot, and only occasional bits of nausea. With business at work I don't anticipate being able to be on much, but will enjoy reading everyone's stories! Smile Hope everyone does well!!

"...beautifully and wonderfully made..."  Heart

My Chart

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers     Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Not Ranked
Posts 26
emilka replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:37 AM

Welcome to the new ladies!

As far as keeping it from hubby, it was pretty easy.He works 4 hrs away and is only home on the weekends, so I could go to my appointment, labs and POAS without having to hide it :)

After my US I just send him the picture of our bubble on my phone and I have to say, I was very surprised that he knew right away what it was!

With so many disappointments this last year, I just wanted to keep it to myself for a little bit, just to make sure things were going ok. 

So far only my best friend and my mom knows. I am not telling anyone else for a while. 

Me and my son are going to visit my parents in Europe at the end of March and we are staying for 4 weeks, I should be almost 10 weeks when we leave. By the time I come back, i will be almost 15 weeks and then we can tell people, since they will probably notice anyway!

Mollynell- hope you feel better soon! a lot of people or their kids are sick right now, I am trying to limit our exposure, it would be miserable to be sick with a sick 4 year old!

FamFive2- hope you had a good time.It's nice that you got some rest. I am exhausted myself. It doesn't help that I work 5 pm to 5 am and am usually up early because of my son. I can barely keep my eyes open at work!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1,212
edelweiss98 replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 1:05 PM

I am cautiously joining, due Nov 7th if all goes well. I lost my second baby Nov 30 at 11 weeks pregnant so I know I'm nowhere near "safely pregnant" right now (I will be 4 weeks on Tuesday, adjusting my LMP to say I O'd on day 14). I  also have a 2.5 yr old who is perfectly healthy and wonderful.

I can smell everything, I've been like that since 1dpo, very tired and queasy, sore breasts.

I am going to my doctor's office this week for a blood draw to check progesterone and hcg.

Not Ranked
Posts 76
FamFive2 replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:13 PM

mollynell, so jealous of your lack of weight gain!  My DD has even started to notice my belly.  At dinner tonight, she asked is we could have another baby someday as she patted my stomach.  I can't believe it!  We haven't said anything to her.  One of her friends just had another baby brother and another friend will have a new baby in a month.  Maybe that's what's putting those thoughts into her head?  Or it's my expanding waistline.  As for running, I just sort of listen to my body.  I feel pretty sluggish so I am in no danger of breaking any speed records or getting my heart rate too high.  I guess I am toning down the distance, too though that has a lot to do with my feet and knees.  I am now running between 3-5 miles depending on how I feel.  With my past two pregnancies I did stop. Not because I was worried about the health of my girls, but because it just became too uncomfortable.  Too many things were jiggling.  I did long walks or used a stationary, recumbent bike instead.  My midwives always reassured me that I could continue to do whatever exercises I did before I was pregnant.  Hope you feel better soon!

Welcome, HJchart!

emilka, how did you find time to conceive on just the weekends!?!?  Must be hard having him away during the week.    Are you European or did your parents move there later in life?

edelweiss98, welcome and congratulations!  I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  How incredibly difficult.  I really hope this first trimester passes quickly for you and that you are able to enjoy it and relax as much as possible.

AFM, I am SO tired.  I know…I am getting boring.  Tried to sneak in a nap but my DD woke me up to bring me a card she made.  I wish I wasn't so irritated, but it is so rare that I fall asleep in the middle of the day!  I am also shocked at my weight gain already…it's about 5 pounds.  Maybe it's coming on quickly because I just lost a lot of weight recently?  That would surprise me because I lost the weight at a super slow rate.  I am doing much better watching what I eat and I am running and lifting weights.  Not fair!

Me (33) & DH (38)

Not Ranked
Posts 26
emilka replied on Sun, Feb 26 2012 7:59 PM

FamFive2 - it  was like Mission Impossible, LOL!

I made sure I had some time off from work around O time, but DH was going away for training . Well, we went to visit him anyway, all the stars aligned and I actually ovulated 2 days earlier than normal! Talk about luck!

It is very hard with him being away, I am basically a single parent , work full time and don't get much of a break. Weekends are always hectic, we try to squeeze a lot of things into the 2 days he is home and sometimes I have to work, too. Thank God we have a very strong marriage, otherwise it would not be doable!

I am European, so most of my family is over there. We try to visit once a year or my parents try to come over here. 

Last year my mom came, I was actually in Hawaii at the time, so she met me there. We had plans for a great vacation.....I picked her up from the airport and ended up in emergency surgery 6 hrs later for ectopic pregnancy. We still tried to have a good time afterwards, but as you can imagine, it was not the vacation we planned. So I am really hoping to make up for it in April!

Edelweiss- congratulations! I am very nervous, too. I had 3 losses last year, so ready to be out of the 1st trimester! Thank God I have a great RE, they are seeing me on a weekly basis, with labs and US's and it helps me so much to stay sane.I am only a little over 5 weeks and I have seen them twice already!  Next appointment on Friday, i will be 5+6, hoping to see something great on the US!

Page 1 of 10 (199 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS